Discounts & Deferrals
Discounts for early payment of property taxes are provided, as follows:
- Early property tax payments made during the month of November earn a 4% discount;
- Early payments made during the month of December earn a 3% discount;
- Early payments made during the month of January earn a 2% discount; and
- Early payments made during the month of February earn a 1% discount.
The discount on payments which are mailed to our office are determined by the postmarked
date on your envelope.
The discount for walk-in payments is extended to the next working day when the deadline
falls on a weekend or observed holiday.
Do I qualify for homestead tax deferral? How much of my ad valorem taxes and non-ad
valorem assessments can be deferred?
To defer homestead taxes and assessments you must be entitled to claim homestead
tax exemption. The amount that can be deferred is based on age and adjusted gross
income of all members of the household.
- If last year's adjusted gross income for all members of the household was less than
$10,000, the entire tax amount and any non-ad valorem assessments may be deferred.
- If your taxes and assessments are more than 5% of the adjusted gross income of all
members of the household for the last calendar year, you may defer the amount over
- If you are 65 years of age or older and your taxes and assessments are more than
3% of the adjusted gross income of all members of the household for the last calendar
year, you may defer the amount over 3%.
- If you are 65 years of age or older with an annual adjusted gross household income
less than the household income limit for the additional homestead exemption under
section 196.075, F.S., you may defer the entire amount.
You may not defer your taxes if:
To apply for this deferral, you must submit Form DR-570 to the tax collector by March
31, the year after the assessment.
- The total amount of deferred taxes, non-ad valorem assessments, interest, and unsatisfied
liens is more than 85% of the just value, or >
- The primary mortgage financing is more than 70% of the just value.
Applications are available at one of the
Tax Collector's Service Centers.