Driver Licenses Road Test Checklist
The following items are inspected before your Drivers Exam
- Horn - Must be audible under normal conditions at a minimum of 200’.
- Rearview Mirror - Must be located to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200’ to the rear. This may be an inside or outside mirror.
- Directional Signals - Should be checked from the front and rear of the vehicle.
- Steering Wheel - No more than three inches of play.
- Seatbelts - Must be in working order and one for the Driver and the Examiner.
- Footbrake - Will be checked by the Examiner by him/her sitting in the vehicle and pressing hard on the brake pedal. The brake pedal should feel solid and not come within two inches from the floor unless the vehicle is equipped with power brakes.
- Tires - No tires that are bald, excessively worn, or have cord showing.
- Valid License Plate (current Registration and current Insurance Card showing correct vehicle.)
- Tail Light - Two are required on all vehicles manufactured on or after 01/01/72. Prior to that date, one is sufficient.
- Headlights - Required when visibility has been reduced to 1000’ or less.
- Windshield Wiper - Required on the driver’s side when raining.
- Muffler/Exhaust System - Must be firmly attached to the vehicle and in good working order.
- Glass (visibility) - Driver must have a clear view to the front, sides, and rear (by mirror). Windows cannot be replaced by cardboard or other solid material, or have stickers, posters, signs or broken or cracked glass that obstructs the driver’s vision.
- Emergency Brake - Operating device must be located to allow for easy control by the driver.
- Doors - Must be able to open the driver and passenger side doors from the inside and the outside.