Learner's Driver License Requirements
All of the following requirements must be met in order to obtain a Learner's Driver
- Present two forms of identification. For acceptable documents,
click here to review the information found on the "Go Gather Get" website.
- Have proof of Social Security number for U.S. citizens and permanent residents
- Have two proofs of residential address showing your full name. A completed Certification
of Address may be used by the learner in lieu of providing two proofs of residential
address. Click here to download the Certification Of Address Form.
- Be at least 15 years old
- Pass a vision test
- Pass road signs and road rules tests either through Driver's Education or in a
driver license office. Effective November 1, 2001, in-office written tests are limited
to two attempts per day.
- Have one parent or legal guardian present or have their signature on the Parental
Consent Form (if under the age of 18). Click here to download Parental Consent Form.
- Complete the DHSMV-approved Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education Course. Click here to view traffic school information.
- Be in compliance with school attendance. The Florida Legislature enacted requirements
(Section 322.091, F.S.) that students who accumulate 15 unexcused absences, in a
period of 90 calendar, days are ineligible to receive or maintain driving privileges.
For additional information for parents and teens, click here.