Road Test Appointment
You may take your road test through an approved provider for Polk County, or any of the approved providers for the State of Florida. Click below to make an appointment with an approved provider for Polk County.
Atlantic Driving School
For additional convenience, in addition to regular business hours, Atlantic Driving School provides road tests after 5 P.M. and on Saturdays.
You may schedule an appointment for your road test with The Tax Collector's Office.
I understand that I am making an appointment for a Driver License transaction.
Upon checking in for my appointment, Polk County residency will be verified. The appointment expires 10 minutes after the time scheduled.The appointment will be honored only for the person whose name appears on the confirmation.
Appointments are required for all Driver License Road Tests conducted in Polk County. Out of County customers wanting to take a Driver License Road Test must schedule a non-resident guest service ticket.
For the safety of our customers and employees, training, and quality assurance purposes, it is the policy of the Tax Collector’s Office for Polk County that all Driver License Road Tests are video and audio recorded.
Appointments for Driver License Medical Road Tests must be made by contacting (863) 534-4700.
If your appointment is for a road test, please note the following:
- A valid registration and current Florida insurance must be presented at the time of the appointment, or we will be unable to proceed with testing. Prior to your appointment, you should visit DL Road Checklist to ensure your car is in proper working order for the test.
- Road Tests will be conducted weather permitting. Inclement weather may require you to wait an extended amount of time or reschedule the appointment.
- Please print Notice and Consent for Road Test Video/Audio Recording ,sign and bring with you to your appointment. Road Tests will not be administered without this signed form.
- Before your appointment, please visit What to Bring
to determine the required documents for renewing or obtaining a new driver license.
- If your license is INVALID, you will have to resolve the issue before making an appointment for the Road Test.
- If you are 16 or 17 years old, you must have held a learner's license for AT LEAST one year without any traffic convictions.
- With a Learner's License, you can only drive with a valid licensed driver who is at least 21 years old and occupies the front passenger seat at all times.
- If 18 years of age or older, you are required to take a written exam. If you also have the intention of taking a road test the same day, you must have 2 separate appointments (for the DL Written Test and the DL Road Test) with at least 1 hour in between appointments.
- In the event that you are unable to pass the DL Written Test prior to your DL Road Test appointment, you will be required to reschedule your appointment(s).
- Customers that are between the ages 14 years, six months and 17 years can take the written exam online by visiting http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/TPDLTS_providers.html. Please note that these are third party providers, and prices may vary.
- If you have any questions, please call (863) 534-4700.
Atención clientes que hablan español:
Para poder eliminar la espera en la oficina de servicios al cliente favor de conseguir a alguien que pueda
traducir para el servicio necesario. Tenemos representantes disponibles pero no hay suficientes para
atender a todos los clientes. Si usted trae a alguien que pueda traducirle puede reducir su espera.
Gracias por su consideración y esperamos servirles pronto.
Drivers License Road Test Checklist
Before scheduling a visit please visit GatherGoGet to gather the required documents for renewing or obtaining a new driver license. Also, those seeking an appointment for a Driver License Road Test should visit DL Road Test Checklist page to ensure that their car is in proper working order and print/sign Notice and Consent for Road Test Video/Audio Recording.